Experienced, Professional, & Serving with Aloha!
Call us at (808) 690-4445 or
Click Here for an appointment or for more information.
The word “doula” comes from the ancient Greek meaning “a woman who serves” and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
WHY HIRE A DOULA
31% decrease in the use of Pitocin*
- 28% reduction in cesarean rate
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth
- 9% reduction in epidural request
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to a special care nursery
- 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience