Placenta Encapsulation & Tincture
$25- 4 oz. glass dropper bottle
$35- 6 oz. glass dropper bottle
During the Raw Method of preparation, the placenta is thinly sliced, dehydrated, then ground, and placed into capsules. Raw food activists believe that steaming the placenta destroys some of the essential nutrients. Using this option provides a burst of energy upfront and great hormone stabilization, it may also have an increase in capsule yield.
Traditional Method (based on Traditional Chinese Medicaine) of preparation. Before being dried, the placenta is prepared in steaming water with ginger root, pepper and lemon, these ingredients will aid in the preservation process. The placenta is then ground and encapsulated, and when properly stored, the capsules can be used long-term. You can begin taking the capsules right away for maximum postpartum benefits.
Placing a small portion of your placenta in tincture form is another way to stretch out its longevity. A small portion of placenta is added to 80-100 proof alcohol and set to ferment for 6 weeks. Some of the benefits include hormone stabilization in your postpartum cycles, less bleeding during those cycles, energy and for menopause years down the road. The female child can also benefit from placental tincture once she begins her menustration cycles.
-$35 (only available with encapsulation or birth doula package)
As humans, we are the only mammal that don't regularly consume it's own placenta, and yet more and more women are enjoying the benefits of ingesting their placentas soon after they give birth.
A small portion of raw placenta added gives the mom a great energy boost, satifies post-birth thirst and hunger while providing the immediate benefits of the placenta. The smoothie tastes no different than a regular smoothie without placenta! Add it to your favorite smoothie for a little boost until your capsules have been prepared for you.
The Placenta's Healing Chemicals
The known ingredients that give the placenta its healing properties are:
- Gonadotrophin - the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone
- Prolactin - promotes lactation
- Oxytocin - for pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and infant. In
pharmaceutical form this is a very addictive drug because it promotes a feeling of connectedness with others and
is often referred to as the “love” hormone
- Interferon - stimulates the immune system to protect against infection
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone - boosts energy and helps recover from stressful events
- Cortisone - combats stress and unlocks stores of energy
- Prostaglandins - anti-inflammatory
- Hemoglobin - replenishes iron deficiency and anemia
- Gamma-globulin - immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections
- Urokinase Inhibiting Factor & Factor XIII - stops bleeding and enhances wound healing
Placenta Encapsulation Benefits:
-Can help to balance your hormones
-Can Increase milk supply
-Can Increase energy/Combat fatigue
It may also help with:
-Bringing the body back into balance
-Preventing baby blues
-Shortening postpartum bleeding
-Shrinking the uterus
-Increasing iron levels with iron made from your body
FOR EVEN MORE INFORMATION CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
-Placenta Mom http://placentamom.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/8/3/2483180/kristal_biobehavioral.pdf
Oahu Birth Services LLC, 2/16